Neurotrophins are the family of proteins that induce the development, function, and survival of nerve and brain cells.
Vitamin D upregulates neurotrophins, such as NGF (nerve growth factor) and GDNF (glial-derived neurotropic factor), up to fivefold.
Neveu I, Naveilhan P, Jehan F, Baudet C, Wion D, De Luca HF, Brachet P. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 regulates the synthesis of nerve growth factor in primary cultures of glial cells. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994 Jul;24(1-4):70-6.
Print This Post
- Enhancing and Protecting the Components of the Neurons with Nutraceuticals, Foods and Herbs
- Preventing Brain Atrophy and Cognitive Decline with Omega-3 Fatty Acids and B-Complex Vitamins
- Repairing the Damaged Plasma Membrane of the Cell and the Membrane-Bound Organelles
- Oxaloacetate Reduces Neuroinflammation
- Balancing Your Neurotransmitter Systems Naturally