Shilajit has been shown to help restore and sustain cellular energy. The latest studies reveal that when shilajit is combined with CoQ10, cellular energy gains substantially increase.
In a breakthrough preliminary study in mice, the combination of CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in cellular energy production in the brain — 40% better than CoQ10 alone. In muscle there was a 144% increase, or 27% better than CoQ10 alone.57
Researchers have found that shilajit works to boost CoQ10’s beneficial effects by:
- Stabilizing CoQ10 in its superior ubiquinol form, thereby prolonging its action at the cellular level.58,59
- Facilitating more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, resulting in greater cellular energy output.60-65
Scientific analysis shows that shilajit itself is rich in essential compounds that promote mitochondrial metabolism. Part of shilajit’s beneficial effects derive from its ability to help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into adenosine triphosphate, or ATP, the main source of cellular energy.60-65
58. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:690-8.
59. Electronic Journal of Biotechnology. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
60. Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
61. Kaneka Corp. Unpublished study. 2007.
62. Sci Total Environ. 1987 Apr;62:347-54.
63. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
64. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
65. Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
Print This Post
- The Potent Compounds of Salvia militorrhiza (Danshen)
- Natural Anticoagulant Regimen from Dr. Phillip Lee Miller
- Promising New Study Shows ArterosilHP® Increases Arterial Elasticity by 89.6%
- Can D-Ribose Create Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs)?
- L-Citrulline May Reverse the Progression of Atherosclerosis and Detoxifies Ammonia