A geroprotector is a therapy (or substance) that prolongs the life span of animals. A few recognized and clinically studied geroprotectors include:
The Geroprotectors.org database comprises more than 250 life-extension experiments in 11 wild-type model organisms (including M. musculus and C. elegans, among others). They have gathered data about more than 200 chemicals promoting longevity, including compounds approved for human use. This database integrates information about lifespan-increasing experiments and related compounds, suppression of aging mechanisms, activation of longevity mechanisms and age-related diseases obtained from research papers and databases. 4
Geroprotectors is a public, rapidly explorable database that catalogs over 250 experiments involving over 200 known or candidate geroprotectors that extend lifespan in model organisms. Each compound has a comprehensive profile complete with biochemistry, mechanisms, and lifespan effects in various model organisms, along with information ranging from chemical structure, side effects, and toxicity to FDA drug status.
Professor Vladimir Kh. Khavinson, Director of the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology of the North-Western Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, has discovered a new class of peptide bioregulators as well as the development of bioregulating peptide therapy. He has studied the role, through experimental and clinical studies, of peptides in regulation of the mechanisms of ageing. His 40-year-long investigation resulted in a multitude of methods of application of peptide bioregulators to slow down the process of ageing and increase human life span.
The explanation of peptide bioregulators according to the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology is as follows: 5
Long-term investigations performed by the research team of the Institute resulted in creating a new class of geroprotectors – peptide bioregulators. The administration of peptide bioregulators enables effective prevention of premature ageing and therapy of age-related diseases.
Researchers of the Institute are the inventors of a number of medicinal and prophylactic pharmaceutical substances, which have been adopted by the Russian Ministry of Public Health and are presently under serial production:
- 6 geroprotective medications (Thymalin, Thymogen, Epithalamin, Prostatilen, Cortexin, Retinalamin);
- 30 types of cell metabolism bioregulators,
- 5 highly efficient synthesized peptides (Vilon, Epitalon, Cortagen, Livagen, Prostamax), which largely have no analogues in other countries.
There were chemically synthesized over 100 biologically active peptides which revealed the ability to hold back the process of ageing.
According to the concept of peptide bioregulation, a theory of endogenous peptide bioregulators’ involvement in the maintenance of structural and functional homeostasis of cell populations, containing and producing these factors, was formulated. These endogenous peptides became commonly known as “Cytomedins”.
Cytomedins control gene expression and protein synthesis, thus preventing age-related accumulation of quantitative structural and functional alterations, which are the markers of transition of a biological system from the norm to the pathology. Disordered peptide bioregulation reduces organism resistance to external and internal destabilizing factors, serving a cause of premature ageing.
A long record of peptide bioregulators application in the health service has demonstrated their high effectiveness in combating various disease and pathologies, including those refractory to other medicines.
The researchers developed a new technology for creating biologically active food supplements (parapharmaceuticals), based on peptide complexes isolated from animal organs and tissues. A new group of parapharmaceuticals has received a name of “Cytomaxes”. Biologically active food supplements are produced in the form of tablets and capsules. Cytomaxes exert a regulatory effect on the cellular level and are used for improving the organism resistance to the impact of adverse environmental, climatic, occupational and other factors, as well as during the rehabilitation period after surgeries, traumas, diseases; in case of malnutrition, high physical loads; for the purpose of maintaining the functions of the main organism systems in old and very old persons in order to reduce the risk of disease occurrence.
Professor Khavinson and his research team showed that each of the concentrated peptide bioregulators interact with particular strands of DNA – effectively and very specifically activating repair and regenerative processes.
Each peptide bioregulator is designed to effect a specific organ, system or condition in the body and uses a highly specific short chain peptide to act as a ‘short cut’ to initiate protein synthesis. The following peptide bioregulators are available for purchase at International Anti-Aging Systems:
- Cerluten® is the brain peptide bioregulator.
- Chelohart® is the heart peptide bioregulator.
- Chitomur® is the bladder peptide bioregulator.
- Endoluten® is the pineal peptide bioregulator.
- Glandokort® is the adrenal peptide bioregulator.
- Gotratix® is the muscle peptide bioregulator.
- Libidon® is the prostate gland peptide bioregulator.
- Pielotax® is the kidney peptide bioregulator.
- Sigumir® is the cartilage peptide bioregulator.
- Suprefort® is the pancreas peptide bioregulator.
- Stamakort® is the stomach mucus peptide bioregulator.
- Svetinorm® is the liver peptide bioregulator.
- Taxorest® is the lung peptide bioregulator.
- Testoluten® is the testes peptide bioregulator.
- Thyreogen® is the thyroid peptide bioregulator.
- Ventfort® is the blood vessel peptide bioregulator.
- Visoluten® is the retina peptide bioregulator.
- Vladonix® is the thymus peptide bioregulator.
- Zhenoluten® is the ovary peptide bioregulator.
Professor Khavinson’s peptide bioregulator recommended combinations: (Source: International Anti-Aging Systems)
1. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the digestive system: Svetinorm®, Suprefort®, Stamakort®.
2. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the vascular system: Ventfort®, Svetinorm®, Vladonix®.
3. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the central nervous system: Cerluten®, Ventfort®, Svetinorm®.
4. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the immune system: Vladonix®, Endoluten®, Ventfort®.
5. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the locomotor apparatus: Sigumir®, Ventfort®, Vladonix®.
6. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of carbohydrate metabolism: Suprefort®, Endoluten®, Ventfort®.
7. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of lipoprotein metabolism: Svetinorm®, Suprefort®, Ventfort®.
8. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the functions of the thyroid gland: Thyreogen®, Ventfort®.
9. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of visual acuity: Visoluten®, Cerluten®, Ventfort®.
10. Correction of disorders and maintenance of the functions of the kidney functions: Pielotax®, Ventfort®.
11. Correction of organism status after radio and chemotherapy, long-term ionizing irradiation, psychoemotional stress and similar adverse factors: Vladonix®, Svetinorm®, Endoluten®.
12. Correct of cardiovascular disorders; Chelokhart ®, Ventfort ® Svetinorm®.
Clinical Studies on peptide bioregulators:
Video – Introducing the Peptide Revolution:
Video Copyright – International Anti-Aging Systems
Print This Post