In addition to its anti-diabetic and antioxidant effects, mulberry fruit extract dose-dependently promotes nerve growth factor release in the mouse hippocampus.
In summary, ME induced NGF release and increased the levels of ERK and CREB. Through this regulation, it enhanced the functioning of neurons and increased synapse formation, ACh synthesization, neuronal cell differentiation, neurite outgrowth, cell proliferation and cognition.
Read full article from Life Enhancement:
Print This Post
- Puerarin, a Potent Bioactive Ingredient from Kudzu, Shows Promise as a Neuroprotective Agent
- Consuming Extra Virgin Olive Oil could be a Viable Therapeutic Opportunity for Preventing or Halting Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Spearmint Improves Cognitive Function by Inhibiting the Enzyme Acetylcholinesterase
- Roe (eggs) of Marine Animals is the Best Natural Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Repairing the Damaged Plasma Membrane of the Cell and the Membrane-Bound Organelles