In addition to its anti-diabetic and antioxidant effects, mulberry fruit extract dose-dependently promotes nerve growth factor release in the mouse hippocampus.
In summary, ME induced NGF release and increased the levels of ERK and CREB. Through this regulation, it enhanced the functioning of neurons and increased synapse formation, ACh synthesization, neuronal cell differentiation, neurite outgrowth, cell proliferation and cognition.
Read full article from Life Enhancement:
Print This Post
- Modulating the Genetic Factors (ApoE) of Alzheimer’s Disease With Positive Behaviors and Natural Substances
- Higher Red Blood Cell EPA and DHA Levels Corresponds with Larger Total Brain and Hippocampal Volumes Plus Preserves Cognitive Function
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is Essential and Critical for Brain Development and Maintenance
- Enhancing and Protecting the Components of the Neurons with Nutraceuticals, Foods and Herbs
- Puerarin, a Potent Bioactive Ingredient from Kudzu, Shows Promise as a Neuroprotective Agent