L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) is a timed release form of L-arginine which may be superior to the free form of L-arginine due to the fact that AAKG will raise and maintain nitric oxide (NO) levels for a longer period of time.
A study was conducted in 2006 and published in the Journal of Nutrition which indicated that AAKG positively influenced exercise performance in trained adult men over the non-timed release (free form L-arginine).
Print This Post
- The Potent Compounds of Salvia militorrhiza (Danshen)
- Natural Anticoagulant Regimen from Dr. Phillip Lee Miller
- Promising New Study Shows ArterosilHP® Increases Arterial Elasticity by 89.6%
- Can D-Ribose Create Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs)?
- L-Citrulline May Reverse the Progression of Atherosclerosis and Detoxifies Ammonia