Earthing is connecting to the Earth’s natural, negative surface charge by being barefoot outside or in bare skin contact with conductive systems indoors while you sleep, relax, or work.
With Earthing, the apparent impact on the physiology of the human body is profound. As modern science is learning, the human body is a complex structure of electrical circuitry and Earthing restores the electric potential to the body and which initiates self-healing mechanisms. In particular these mechanisms facilitate antioxidant potential through negatively charged free electrons into the body which produces anti-inflammation effects.
There have been many scientific and anecdotal benefits of Earthing, such as: *
- improvement or elimination of the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders
- reduction or elimination of chronic pain
- better sleep and faster to sleep
- increased energy
- lowered stress, more calmness by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones
- normalization of the body’s biological rhythms
- thinner blood, improved blood pressure and flow
- muscle tension and headache relief
- lessened hormonal and menstrual symptoms
- dramatically faster healing and reduction/prevention of bedsores
- reduction/elimination of jet lag
- protection against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- accelerated recovery from intense athletic activity
Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes
Chevalier G et al. Earthing produces unique electrical function in brain and muscles. Euro Biol Bioelectromag. 2006;600–621.
Does Grounding the Human Body to Earth Reduce Chronic Inflammation and Related Chronic Pain?
Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease
Earthing the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes
Chronic Disease: Are We Missing Something? (Editorial)
Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons
Earthing: Restoring Health From the Ground Up
Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications
Gaetan Chevalier, Ph.D., The Earth’s Electrical Surface Potential A summary of present understanding
Is our disconnection from the earth endangering our health?
James Oschman, Ph.D., Perspective: Assume a spherical cow: The role of free or mobile electrons in bodywork, energetic and movement therapies
Medical Thermography Case Studies
Method of treating inflammation and autoimmune diseases (U.S. Patent)
Oschman JL. Can electrons act as antioxidants? A review and commentary J Alt Comp Med 2007;13(9):955–967.
Our Place in Nature: Reconnecting with the Earth
Our Place in Nature: Reconnecting with the Earth for Better Sleep
Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness
Sleeping grounded normalizes cortisol level and improves sleep. Ghaly M, Teplitz D. J Alt Comp Med. 2004;10(5)767–776
The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress
THE EFFECT OF EARTHING ON HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY PART 2: ELECTRODERMAL MEASUREMENTS
The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1
The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2
The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground
The neuromodulative role of earthing
For additional Information on Earthing visit The Earthing Institute
Dr. Stephen Sinatra talks about Bioenergetics, Earthing and Grounding
Where to purchase Earthing products: Earthing.com
Book: Earthing by: Clinton Ober, Stephen Sinatra, and Martin Zucker
* The statements on this Post have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products referred to on this Post are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Print This Post